Saturday, October 22, 2011

Children and Screen Time

I first heard the term 'screen time' when my buddy Tim Challies spoke about technology at the church I was then pastoring. Is thoughts were very helpful and they can be found in his book on the subject.

Today I read an article by Al Mohler (no doubt linked by Justin Taylor or Tim Challies, then tabbed by me a few days ago). Two paragraphs were especially horrifying (and helpful to know about):

The number of American homes with television outnumbers the number of homes with indoor plumbing. The average American home with children has four televisions, one DVR, up to three DVD players, two CD players, two radios, two computers, and two video game units.

If almost one third of three-year-olds have a television in their bedrooms, 70 percent of American teenagers do. At least one third of the nation’s teenagers have a computer with internet access in their bedroom.

Read the whole thing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment