Thursday, September 29, 2011

Steve Lawson: Notes Used in the Pulpit

I once heard Steve Lawson refer to the notes he uses in the pulpit as a mix of photocopied/cut/pasted Scripture (with literal scissors and tape) and then handwriting for all of his comments. Thanks to Josh Harris, a copy of one of those sermon notes are available for us all to view (in PDF format) here. When I first heard of this method, I naturally thought him a dinosaur. I mean, who uses scissors and tape in the sermon writing process? But now that I've seen it in PDF (ironically), I'm intrigued. As a Luddite at heart, who is equally an expositor at heart, I can now see the benefits of this. Take a look and learn from one man's model.

2 comments:

  1. The link seems to have disappeared. Do you happen to have the hard copy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I don't. It was likely removed from the host site, since this is now 6.5 years old. Thanks for commenting, though!

      Delete