Friday, May 15, 2009

Back From Basics

This past week I was blessed to attend Alistar Begg's 'Basics' conference for pastors with a few friends. I had long been anticipating the fellowship, sitting under the Word (especially John Piper and Alistar Begg), and being led in worship in song by Keith and Kristyn Getty. All three of these exceeded my expectations. I am very thankful for this time of refreshment. Most significantly, God gave me tears of joy over the power of the gospel again. I consider this a precious gift that I hope (and pray) continues. Please pray for me as I enter back into the real world again and seek to continue as a faithful shepherd who labours in Christ's strength!

I also wanted to flag a great new audio resource. Beginning this past monday Alistar Begg has made all of his sermon audio library free for download. Go here to search over 1000 sermons on line! The basics 2009 conference is not yet uploaded, but you can find John Piper's first two messages here.

Stay tuned for some 'you tube' video clips I took on my handy new flip mino camcorder (if this former Luddite can figure out how to do this technolocial miracle).

No comments:

Post a Comment